Hannah Brontë’s ongoing Fempress project has already provided some of the most memorable hip hop party moments in recent memory. Now as part of mi$$-Eupnea, her new series of works for BLEED, she adds another DJ set to transform your living room into a living dancefloor.
Featuring layers upon layers of projected environments to open your brain’s floodgates and music curated to drop you in the deep end, Brontë’s DJ set – performed live from her home in Brisbane – will be fresh air for your soul.
Eupnea is a mode of breathing that occurs at rest and within meditative state without requiring any cognitive thought. With mi$$-Eupnea Hannah Brontë has envisioned a series of works centred on a moving, breathing being. She is waiting for you to listen to your breath and synchronise with the leaves above your head. Her skin is layered with imagery of natural environments moving together as one. She speaks through sonic vibrations and – if you’ll let her – she will slow your breathing until you too learn to breathe with Country.
- Campbelltown Arts Centre and Arts House
- Lead Artist & Performer: Hannah Brontë
- Voice & Words: Hannah Brontë
- Voice & Words: Shareena Clanton
- Track: Yaegl Biirrinba by 380 Crew (Desert Pea Media)
- mi$$-Eupnea is commissioned by Campbelltown Arts Centre as part of BLEED 2020.
- BLEED is conceived, produced and presented by City of Melbourne through Arts House and Campbelltown City Council through Campbelltown Arts Centre. BLEED has been assisted by the Federal Government through Australia Council for the Arts, its funding and advisory body.
ScheduleThis event occurred
live on Friday 26 June.
Missed the party or want to press rewind?
Check out the highlights above.